Women's Health Therapy in Appleton
Although Callie enjoys any and all client conditions and diagnoses, Callie has a special interest in women's health, pelvic floor therapy, and working with the pregnant and postpartum population. She is certified as a Pregnancy and Postpartum Corrective Exercise Specialist and, after having a little one of her own, intimately knows how under-served this population is from a therapy perspective. She hopes to bring encouragement, healing, education, and empowerment to those who are experiencing pain, discomfort, incontinence, prolapse, diastasis recti, and any other difficulties following the incredible journey of pregnancy and childbirth.
Women's health therapy in Appleton for conditions such as:
- Urinary incontinence (leaking with jumping, coughing, running, etc)
- Pelvic floor weakness or tightness
- Diastasis Recti (separation of the abdominals)
- Mild pelvic organ prolapse
- Cesarean section scar management
- Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction / Pelvic Girdle Pain
- Abdominal weakness
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Pain/discomfort/weakness in: hips, back, SI joint, neck, shoulder
Education for women in all stages of life: preconception, pregnancy, postpartum, menopause and beyond:
- Preparing the body for pregnancy
- Safe exercises during pregnancy to stay active (close supervision for pelvic and abdominal health)
- Preparing for birth: positions, breathing, abdominal contractions, pelvic floor health
- Immediate postpartum breathing and core considerations
- Effective feeding positions for posture
- Return-to-exercise therapy and coaching based on healing, recovery, and goals
- Return-to-sport therapy and coaching
- General health and wellness promotion along the age continuum
What Does Occupational Therapy Look Like in Women's Health?
As a patient, you will meet with Callie for a comprehensive assessment of your body, your daily life, and your goals. Callie will evaluate your body through assessing posture, strength, range of motion, muscle balance, and movement. She will ask you to paint a picture of your daily life to better understand how normal routines and hobbies may be affecting your function and your body. She will ask you to describe what makes your symptoms worse and better and help you problem solve if there are immediate changes you could make to alleviate them. She will develop an individualized treatment plan of stretches, exercises, postural and breathing considerations, and recovery tools to address weak or imbalanced areas. And she will attentively coach you to ensure you are being as efficient and effective as possible so that you see outcomes more quickly and so they last. Callie is also highly focused on preventative strategies: birth prep for the pregnant woman to reduce risk for diastasis recti, pelvic tears, or organ prolapse; immediate postpartum education and training to jumpstart recovery; pre-pregnancy training for the mom who wants to best prepare her body for the changes from pregnancy. She is available for women in every season of her life.
Does Callie Accept Insurance?
Callie is able to accept all the insurances that the Doctors at The Chiropractic Advantage in Appleton accept. However, we also have cash pay options available as well! Be sure to call today to ask questions!