Therapy in Appleton
Here at the Chiropractic Advantage in Appleton, we want to help you move well to live well. That means we work diligently to make sure we are comprehensively and holistically addressing your needs. Occupational Therapy is an additional way to help correct imbalances, strengthen weak muscles, and address the environment you are working and living in to make sure it optimizes your healing journey!
If you are experiencing pain, weakness, aching, discomfort in:
- Wrists and hands
- Mid-upper back
- Low back
- SI joint
- Sciatic area
- Pelvic floor pain and other women's health concerns
Callie will be able to provide:
- comprehensive movement assessment to discover asymmetries or dysfunctional patterns that may be causing chronic pain or discomfort,
- in-depth evaluation of personal and professional daily habits, routines, and activities that could be contributing to trouble areas,
- individualized exercise programs that will correct muscle imbalances that could be keeping you from fully healing,
- lots of education to empower you to become an expert of your own body, prevent future injury, and take agency over your own health,
- a holistic approach to the human experience that honors not just physical health, but also considers the intricacies of how mental and emotional health influence pain and healing.
- specialized treatment for women in pre-conception, pregnancy, and postpartum seasons of life who desire a little guidance in how to move and feel their best.
What Is Occupational Therapy in Appleton?
Occupational Therapists (OTs) ask the question, "What matters to you?" not, "What's wrong with you?" OTs are experts at helping individuals do what they want or need to do in their daily lives, from self care tasks like cleaning a home to work activities in all varieties of jobs to picking up and playing with children. If pain, weakness, discomfort, fear, fatigue, or any other limitation is keeping you from engaging in activities that you desire doing, an OT may be your new best friend.
How is Physical Therapy Different Than OT?
OTs and PTs share many similarities. They both highly value movement and function, they both are highly skilled at assessing the human body to determine what may be limiting a person from feeling their best, and both can develop comprehensive treatment plans with the goal of maximizing quality of life. The main difference between the two is that OTs are trained to assess the person (their strength, balance, posture, etc) + the activity (occupation) they desire to do + the enviornment in which they are doing it in order to determine the most comprehensive approach to achieve desired outcomes. PTs are trained intensively in how the body is affected by motion, positioning, strength, and range of motion. PTs and OTs often work closely together to gain a whole-body approach to function; most often, specialty courses and certifications are available to both professions and both can obtain education beyond their standard education to serve a specific population in a similar way.
Does Callie Accept Insurance?
Callie is able to accept all the insurances that the Doctors at The Chiropractic Advantage accept! However, we also have cash pay options available as well! Be sure to call today to ask questions!
Do I need a referral?
Yes, you need a referral. You are able to be referred by our Doctors at The Chiropractic Advantage OR your Primary Care Physician. Feel free to reach out with any questions!